We have a team of three highly qualified dental hygienists who are trained to spot any problems and give the best treatment and advice for good oral hygiene.
Dental Hygienist in Southend, Essex
Good oral hygiene is key to maintaining healthy teeth and gums. The main cause of gum disease is a build up of plaque and tartar. Brushing twice a day and flossing between teeth will help to remove the build up of deposits and regular visits to the dentist will keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy.
During your hygiene appointment, we will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums and provide clear guidance to help prevent dental treatments in the future and to keep plaque and tartar at bay.
Please read our FAQs about oral hygiene below for further information.
Regular visits to the dentist will keep plaque build up under control and help prevent gum disease and avoidable treatments. Gum disease has been associated with serious health problems such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes. The cost of resulting treatments is far more than maintaining good oral health.
- Oral hygiene instruction to improve dental health
- Simple scaling and polishing
- Periodontal treatment
- Pre-wedding/special occasion polishing
- Smokers stain removal – which includes cleaning the teeth using a fine jet of bicarbonate of soda under pressure and polishing using the finest diamond polishing pastes
Visit our hygienist team straight away if you feel you have any of these symptoms.
- Bleeding and inflamed gums
- Bad breath
- Regular mouth infections
- Loose teeth
- An unpleasant aftertaste in your mouth
This depends on the individual and their treatment needs. Some patients see our hygienist every 3 months, every 6 months or rarely. Please book an appointment online or call 01702 352 450.